- RSS Channel Showcase 6610137
- RSS Channel Showcase 3179874
- RSS Channel Showcase 8719129
- RSS Channel Showcase 4802668
Articles on this Page
- 09/17/13--10:21: _BOOTLEG 21-35 Revie...
- 10/23/13--13:26: _Skafish Podcast Con...
- 11/27/13--22:17: _Skafish NPR Radio I...
- 11/29/13--17:30: _Skafish NPR Radio P...
- 12/07/13--17:15: _Listen to Skafish M...
- 12/27/13--13:02: _Skafish Fan Art
- 12/29/13--13:50: _Skafish on Instagram
- 02/14/14--10:08: _The Punk Rock Sexua...
- 08/23/14--18:18: _Welcome to the NO V...
- 10/30/14--14:09: _What’s Skafish Brin...
- 12/06/14--17:14: _Signed Skafish Holi...
- 03/26/15--18:59: _Rare Police, XTC, U...
- 04/01/15--07:57: _Happy 7th Birthday ...
- 04/02/15--08:43: _Skafish on Wild Chi...
- 04/03/15--11:17: _A Skafish Inspiration
- 04/05/15--08:14: _Timeless Peace
- 04/09/15--08:40: _The Nose is the Pose
- 04/16/15--11:07: _In The Hospital
- 04/23/15--21:26: _Flexipop 2
- 07/13/15--18:02: _Hey, I’m now on Ban...
- 09/17/13--10:21: BOOTLEG 21-35 Review in Roctober Magazine
- 10/23/13--13:26: Skafish Podcast Conversation on Eclectic Max with Sheldon Snow
- 11/27/13--22:17: Skafish NPR Radio Interview this Tuesday (12-3-13)
- 11/29/13--17:30: Skafish NPR Radio Promo Spot
- 12/07/13--17:15: Listen to Skafish Midwest Beat NPR Interview
- 12/27/13--13:02: Skafish Fan Art
- 12/29/13--13:50: Skafish on Instagram
- 02/14/14--10:08: The Punk Rock Sexual Liberation of Skafish
- 08/23/14--18:18: Welcome to the NO VIDEO Zone: I’m Really Not Your Steppin’ Stone
- 10/30/14--14:09: What’s Skafish Bringing You For Christmas?
- 12/06/14--17:14: Signed Skafish Holiday Collectibles Now Available
- 03/26/15--18:59: Rare Police, XTC, UB-40, Skafish T-Shirt, circa 1980
- 04/01/15--07:57: Happy 7th Birthday What’s This
- 04/02/15--08:43: Skafish on Wild Chicago
- 04/03/15--11:17: A Skafish Inspiration
- 04/05/15--08:14: Timeless Peace
- 04/09/15--08:40: The Nose is the Pose
- 04/16/15--11:07: In The Hospital
- 04/23/15--21:26: Flexipop 2
- 07/13/15--18:02: Hey, I’m now on Bandcamp
Check out the recent review of BOOTLEG 21-35 by Jake Austen in Roctober Magazine. As many of you already know, the bootleg is a live recording of my 21st birthday party concert at Ratso’s in Chicago on August 29, 1977. The recording was released digitally 35 years later to the day on August 29, 2012. [...]
From 12 years of bullying and abuse in Catholic school to the controversy and violence that followed my band and I in the early days, to where the saga is at today, including industry tips for up and coming musicians, it’s all here in my recent Podcast conversation with Sheldon Snow on Eclectic Max! I [...]
Join me this Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at 6 PM United States Central Time, when I’ll be a guest on NPR Radio’s Midwest Beat with Tom Lounges. This special broadcast will be devoted to discussing and playing tracks from my first holiday jazz album, “Tidings of Comfort and Joy, a Jazz Piano Trio Christmas.” Call [...]
I thought you might enjoy the NPR Radio Promo Spot I just recorded! Remember to join me Tues. 12-3-13, 6pm US Central Time. Tune in on 89.1FM-The Lakeshore or stream the show live at www.lakeshorepublicmedia.org/radio. You can call the show at 219-769-9577 to say hello and win a copy of my first holiday album! — [...]
For those of you who missed it the first time, or for those of you who want to share the experience again, here is the complete Skafish Midwest Beat NPR interview with host Tom Lounges that originally aired December 3, 2013 on Lakeshore Public Radio. On the show, we discussed and listened to tracks from [...]
Hey, as soon as I got this fantastic Skafish portrait by Kiki Plesha in the mail today, I posted my first ever Vine video to showcase it. FAN ART RULES! Thanks, Kiki! Skafish!
I wanted to let you know that I just joined Instagram and I would love it if you followed me there — it would be great to have you on board. Here is the link and my first Instagram pic! instagram.com/skafish# To a fantastic 2014 for you — Skafish
Check out the new article written by Kyle Long and just posted on how I was the first performer in Indiana and Chicago to challenge sexuality and gender norms — and the negative reactions it caused. Hope you enjoy the piece — Skafish http://www.nuvo.net/ACulturalManifesto/archives/2014/02/12/the-punk-rock-sexual-liberation-of-skafish
Many of you already know that I have quite a large back catalog of both unreleased and previously released material that is currently unavailable. With some of it, like What’s This? 1976 – 1979 and Bootleg 21-35, I’ve been able to successfully get it out there. At the same time, there are still many other compositions [...]
Hey, I wanted to take a minute to let you know about some exciting new things I’ve planned for this holiday season. I’ve Got A New Website: First, Glinda and I gutted the old website and created something completely fresh. The new website is a responsive design, so it looks great anywhere. Visit SkafishHoliday.com and [...]
I wanted to take a moment to let you know that for the first time, you can purchase Skafish Holiday Collectibles from my newly redesigned holiday website. If you’d like a personally autographed “Tidings of Comfort and Joy – A Jazz Piano Trio Christmas” CD, I will be happy to sign the front panel to [...]
#TBT Rare Eurpoean Tour T-Shirt featuring the Police, XTC, UB-40, Skafish, circa 1980.
The post Rare Police, XTC, UB-40, Skafish T-Shirt, circa 1980 appeared first on Official Skafish Blog.
I am thrilled this compilation finally was able to be born! Featuring the first underground/punk/new wave/alternative/indie recordings by a Chicago artist (dating back to 8/76), liner notes by rock legends Cheap Trick, and so much more, this is a timeless document of the multidimensional rebellion that has always been Skafish. Enjoy! http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/skafish2
#TBT From the vaults, here is my segment from Wild Chicago circa 1990. This clip documents my solo show era and Tiny, the late great Skafish fan whose entire home was a Skafish museum. Enjoy — Skafish
#TBT Summer, 1980: While I was getting frequent tabloid style press in the UK, a Skafish fan dressed as my profile and strolled around London. Enjoy — Skafish
#TBT: In July, 1977, I needed to have emergency knee surgery due to a dancing accident that caused a bone chip in my knee. Around 4 weeks later, I was back on stage performing my 21st birthday party concert. Check out the video that talks about the insanity of that time. Hope you like it…
#TBT Skafish pic from Flexipop 2, featuring a free record by The Jam!
I am excited to announce the opening of my Bandcamp online store. You can now buy digital downloads, CDs, collectible and autographed items directly from me. And this is only the start – I will be adding more items soon, including additional collectibles! There are several reasons I chose to open my online store with…